Re: Prax etc

From: Eric Rowe <wizard_at_wizards-attic.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 19:59:05 -0700

>So could you clarify: Where exactly is the business problem? If dedicated
>fans want to do the work of building a manuscript, extensive though that may
>be, is that really a business problem for Issaries? (It is a commitment on
>the fans' part, for certain.)

The clarification is I wasn't talking about 'if dedicated fans want to do the work of building a manuscript'. In fact, for this type of project that is probably the best if not only way. I was simply pointing out that it was not good business sense to do all that work with paid employees because you won't meet the rent that way on this type of project.

I'm of the opinion (and have advised the same) that the more products out the better given the current market situation (of course there's a limit, but II ain't close). If someone handed Issaries a complete work it would very likely be published. There certainly would be editorial/layout/time/author payment issues involved, but complete works are hard to pass up. And if Issaries wasn't able to do it, I very much doubt they would have a problem licensing someone else to publish it instead. I'd have to see the actual product and current II situation before I could advise which alternative would be better financially.

Cheers,

Eric Rowe
wizard_at_wizards-attic.com
www.wizards-attic.com