Old to New

From: Julian Lord <julianlord_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 16:47:29 +0200 (CEST)

Eric Rowe :

> Speaking from the purely business side of
> things. It actually doesn't make sense. It really
> turns out that it is much faster and less
> expensive to just write new material than to
> translate/merge/scrape together/gather existing
> material.

Being a bit of a scraper and gatherer myself, I would generally agree with the above from the NON-business side of things also.

Glorantha needs writing, not trainspotting.

Also, when one considers how many radical changes have been made to Glorantha through HW, collating mucho material that's simply out of date might be a teensy bit pointless ...

   BUT : Much of Glorantha still needs fleshing out, *on the basis of existing materials*
that could certainly be developed further. And let's face it : only the fans have the will, the knowledge, and the development skills to do that.

Prax is certainly one of those areas !

Also, Glorantha isn't exactly what one might think of as a product of 'business sense' ... ;-)

So : Roll on PraxPak !!

cheers,

Julian Lord

Do You Yahoo!?