Re: Avatars

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 16:18:10 +0200

Alex:

> > Again with an eye on the Red Emperor debate, I think that if
> > a mortal takes on aspects of a deity it's a case of heroforming,
> > while a god who forms a body out of whole cloth makes an avatar.
>
> So, Krishna's _not_ an avatar, then, since his body was made by
> 'usual method'? Surely this just proves that the means can be
> as indirect-seeming as one wishes?

Oopsie, I didn't finish my train of thought there. Krishna was born of a woman, that's true, but he was an avatar from the beginning. I don't think you _become_ an avatar.

Nils Weinander
The world is a beautiful place and it's worth fighting for

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com