Metal plants...

From: Master Gollum <MasterGollum_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 16:47:39 +0200

Ok, the rule books say about plants with leaves/thorn/bark (in Apple Lane appear a silver bush), but I cann't imagine a tree with leaves-swords! If those plants exist, I suppose its are very extrange and difficult grow. Can any gardener cultivate its? How many magic resource need those plants? Is profitable cultivate its for a little forest? Can any Aldryami comunity equip their warriors? I agreed with Andrew, forge metals with fire is too near mostali society for uses it aldryami. But the elves profession table of RQ3 show the blacksmith. One of each 400 elves is a blacksmith! Moreover, the profession table suggest a specialized society. I believe that a specialized society need live centralized. For example, the Errinou Jungle is a elven empire! They fit out ships! An activity as these need some infrastructure.
Every society tend to centralize for their comodity. Their members can share their work easily.

I believe that in standar forest don't exist a real specialization of work. Everybody are warrior/gardener.
I also imagine Aldryami as walking vegetables. If they need make buildings, they don't build, grow their living/store/holy/etc structures as living vegetable houses.

>So I don't think that shelter is a concern for the Aldryami.
Poisonthorn Elves live in Bloodstone Fort. For brown elves the weather isn't the problem, in forest without green elves that protect your brothers, they can need some protection for survival their hibernation. Also, if elves have possessions, where store those things?

Master Gollum