Re: survey; aldryami metal

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 13:18:18 -0700

Guy asked

> Would a survey on the website be of any help? What kind of campaign packs
> people want (info on regions like Kralorela, east Isles, Jrustela,
> Pamaltela; Cultures like the Praxians, the Doraddi; Machiavellian intrigue
> in the Lunar empire, Malkioni religious conferences with funny hats, etc.?)

I think it would be useful to have a survey, though web surveys are always suspect because they're not random.

It's also perhaps a burden on the webmaster (Nils) to set this up. Maybe someone else could do it?

I think years ago Sandy conducted a survey of where people set their games. That might be worth digging up.

I've got some Jrustela info, BTW, though it's not quite in publishable form.

Master Gollum

> Ok, the rule books say about plants with leaves/thorn/bark (in Apple
> Lane appear a silver bush), but I cann't imagine a tree with
> leaves-swords!

It's massive genetic engineering (the plants concentrate trace elements from the soil) -- or it's magic. Either way, it's not easy, and I think metal implements are rare among the Aldryami. On the other hand, (Earthly) ironwood is pretty sturdy stuff.

> the elves profession table of RQ3 show the blacksmith. One of each
> 400 elves is a blacksmith!

Probably really redsmith (bronze rather than iron), but I'd treat this as a metal-worker. These may actually be the people who tend the sword-leaf trees!

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_pensee.com> Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein