Metal plants

From: Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 18:39:34 -0400

> Ok, the rule books say about plants with leaves/thorn/bark (in Apple
Lane appear a silver bush), but I cann't imagine a tree with leaves-swords!

Plants that grow spearheads are 'official' - see Elder Races.

> If those plants exist, I suppose its are very extrange
and difficult grow. Can any gardener cultivate its?

You probably need a Gardener (capital G - a very high rank in Aldryami society. In RQ you have to have been a runemaster for twenty years before you can even apply).

> But the elves profession table of RQ3 show the
blacksmith. One of each 400 elves is a blacksmith!

There are certainly no ironworking Aldryami in Glorantha - - the metal is highly poisonous to them. The nearest real-world equivalent would be carving plutonium by hand.

My copy of RQ3 lists an elf occupation of 'redsmith', said to be a bronze-worker. But in any case, the RQ3 creatures book does not describe Glorantha, but 'Fantasy Earth', and its elves are far more human-like than those of Glorantha.

Andrew