Re: holy moral bombers

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 05:09:33 +0100 (BST)

Daniel Fahey on my comments on 'PraxPak':
> Really don't know where the "moral obligation" bit comes from.

From the assorted complaints about Issaries not doing Prax, why they should immediately do Prax (again), the discussion about the unfair and unreasonable nature of Issaries priorities, and how to change 'em by hook or by crook, at a wild guess? And no, I'm not trying to impute to everyone who'd like to see a PraxPak such sentiments -- just the ones that actually expressed 'em...

> I thot it was. Did anyone say that Issaries itself should be doing Prax? I
> keep reading just the opposite.

From whom? Given the premise of the debate, that seemed to me to to be the on-going assumption. Several people have said so explicitly, indeed, and I said, as specifically as specific can be, that that's what I was 'disgrunting' at.

To repeat myself: if people want to do this entirely off their own bat, a la the heroic efforts of Rick, Nick, and other people whose names don't necessarily end in -ick, like David Hallick (oops!), then more power to 'em. If the pro-Praxians at large aren't arguing in favour of what I'm arguing against, then where's the problem?

Cheers,
Alex.