holy moral bombers

From: Karin Goihl & Daniel Fahey <goihlk_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 00:02:11 +0200

Chris Lemens:
> Alex Ferguson seems disgruntled at the idea of a PraxPack:

Alex:
>Resistant to the idea of it being a Moral Obligation for Issaries
>to pick up this gauntlet, rather. It seems monumentally unfair
>that Greg is being pilloried for a decision that seems to me to be
>eminently sensible, and is even being threatened with mass mail-
>bombing to ensure his compliance. That's what implied, though
>carefully not stated, when you simply say 'a PraxPack', given
>the rest of this thread.

Really don't know where the "moral obligation" bit comes from. The decision "seems" to you to be otherwise than it "seems" to many of the rest of us. Whether it's "sensible" is still subjective. One guy "threatened" the email bombing. I didn't, and Chris didn't, and Philippe didn't, and Julian didn't, and other-Greg didn't and... None of us "implied" this and I dare say none of us find it implied at all except by the ONE guy who wrote it.

>...Sure, by all means. But I don't think that's what you (plural,
>all the people agitating for 'HW Prax') are actually suggesting, is it?

I thot it was. Did anyone say that Issaries itself should be doing Prax? I keep reading just the opposite.

Daniel