Rape

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 23:45:41 +0100

In message <200005291845.LAA13075_at_chaosium.com>, The Glorantha Digest <owner-glorantha-digest_at_chaosium.com> writes
>In Glorantha, rape is usually shunned because it is associated with Thed,
>and thus a chaotic act. Does this hold true for rapes during warfare, or
>the rape of slaves? If not, how do Gloranthans rationalize the difference?
> And is this subject something that you address during a game?

It has been argued here in the past that the Rape of Thed is a purely Orlanthi thing. It may be so. But as far as the Orlanthi are concerned rape is rape is chaotic is rape. The fact that it's a Yelmalion village where the succubus turns up in STRANGERS IN PRAX isn't necessarily an indication that Solar culture takes the same stance since we know that the Yelmalions are transformed Orlanthi/Elmali.

If the Lunar/Dara Happan invaders treat their slaves differently, well to the Orlanthis that just proves that the Lunars are Chaos tainted scum.

Hmm, wonder what attitude the matriarchal Esrolians take towards rape. Even more forbidding than the Orlanthi, I'd bet.