Re: Avatars

From: simon_hibbs_at_lycosmail.com
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 09:14:38 -0400 (EDT)

Nils Weinander :

>Krishna was born an avatar, and knew it all along.
>I don't quite see an avatar who isn't aware of the
>status.

It gets interesting when you consider beings like Teelo Estara, who before realising that she was in fact (and always had been) a divine being thought she was just an ordinary street waif. If she was in fact always divine, would it have been possible for a neutral observer to determine this before hand?

Of course the Sedenyic mystics (or is that Taraltarans? I get confused these days) would say that any such attempt would be hopelessly missing the point in the first place.

>As per my definition an avatar is aware of that status
>and is created/born with it. That wouldn't fit with a
>lunar noble becoming the mortal vessel of the RE.

Even if he was born many years before the last RE died, and was in fact one of his best buddies?

Simon