Big God Secrets

From: David Cake <dave_at_difference.com.au>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 13:59:05 -0400

Michael Cule wrote:
>Secondly, the fact that the Secret can be abused (the book only mentions
>on p167 serious consequences when someone fails in their attempt to
>overwhelm the god: shouldn't there be serious consequences when someone
>succeeds too. Have there been successful usurpations recorded? When
>exactly?)

        Wasn't Lokamayadon just this kind of usurpation of the god? He got there by a slightly different route, I think, by mystic veneration of Tarumath, but he certainly tried to usurp Orlanths place.

        I think it should be possible to learn the secret and misuse it. Its probably similar to becoming a mystic, but stopping at the last temptation and grabbing all the power a la Sheng.

	Regards
		David