sacrifice

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 15:56:28 +0300

: Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 17:29:25 -0700
: From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
: Subject: Re: sacrifice; Hero War campaigns

: Mikko Rintasaari asked

:>Of course sacrifices of
:>living creatures are valuable in themselves, but how does a god grow
:>stronger when you dump silver into the sea?

: My guess is that it's the act of sacrificing that matters a *lot*
: more than the actual item. It's more important that you're linking
: yourself to your god than that you're sending him cows. You're not
: feeding the gods (as if they were Aztec deities).

So like me you think that the act of sacrifice mostly opens a channell for the worship? Get's the god's attention. Works for me...

        -Adept

I think I think... Therefore I think I am.