Re: The Glorantha Digest V7 #695

From: Wesley Quadros <wquadros_at_celtic-webs.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 13:41:53 -0700

The Glorantha Digest wrote:

> e: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 07:41:13 -0700
> From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
> Subject: Re: Humakti questions
>
> Benedict wrote
>
> > HW Humakt still has beserker magic. Where is the Honour in it?
>
> Think of it as an intense focus on killing, nothing but killing. The
> game effects may be the same as Urox's battle rage, but the mental
> state is different.

I think that Dave has it here. This is not "berserk" persay but more of a Fighting Trance. You enter a state of perfect union with death and your blade.

It reminds me of the trance that I used to enter when I was writing code in University. I'd blink and the program was compiled and working (and I'd lost 4 hours).

Herman the Humakti starts to sing the Song of Death and becomes one with his god, one with Severance. When his rapture ceases and he returns to 'normal' he is surrounded by 15 bodies (two were friends) and is pleased (then falls over from massive blood loss). People watching this won't see any frothing, screaming maniac. They see somebody swinging a sword with superhuman strength who does not notice when hit, with a completely impassive face and singing a dirge.