Re: Big God Secrets

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 03:03:12 +0100 (BST)

David Cake on Great Secrets of Great Gods:
> I think it should be possible to learn the secret and misuse
> it. Its probably similar to becoming a mystic, but stopping at the
> last temptation and grabbing all the power a la Sheng.

I think definitely somewhat similar. I'm almost surprised devotion and initiates to great gods was in the main rules in such detail, as I got the impression it was rare, bordering on the impossible, by purely theistic methods, and was bordering on being a sort of manifest mysticism thing, itself. (Perhaps it's rather more common in Peloria. Is Dayzatar worship devotion to an impossibly remote great god, or reverence of a transcendent/mystical entity, and what's the precise distinction, anyway?) I'm also reminded of that whole avatar schtick, again...

Cheers,
Alex.