Re: A dissatistied customer....

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 21:38:25 +0100 (BST)

Michael Cule:
> Orlanth is the Great Deity of the theist pantheon Kallai worships. And I
> haven't the foggiest where that number comes from.... Unless it's a
> default number for the relationship he has to Orlanth.

Indeed so: to Orlanth's Orlanth aspect, that is. ;-) Thus, most devotees will have a significantly higher Relationship to an actual aspect, like Orlanth Thunderous, or Whomever.

> Right. It does seem that the default level of the game is that people
> start as Devotees of some god or other, roughly the equivalent of the
> old Rune Level status.

A bit more like, acolyte and wannabe RL, I'd say. Though I'm biased, perhaps, as the game I ran started with a lower power level than the published 'default'.

I rather like David D's maxim that if you have 5W's, in total, then you're the 'moral equivalent' of a rune lord. But both that and 'priesthood' (whither godar?) are really understood rather more socially, these days, and a damn good thing, too. Play 'Orkarl's Bull' (AKA, the Táin Bó Cuailnge meets 'Neighbours') and you'll appreciate just how seedy 'social reasons' can get. ;-)

Cheers,
Alex.