Tarumath

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 19:18:20 +1200

Jonas Schiott:

>Me>I'm sorry, but I don't see your problem. Tarumath is a
> >Talastari cult and it is the Cult of High Umath

>No problem, I just never knew the Talastari were that into mysticism.
>They didn't seem the types for it.

They aren't. Tarumathi are not all that common among them.

>Still slightly confused by your calling it a "cult" tho...

Intended primarily in the sense of a small religious group.

> >just as
> >Yelmalio/Daysenervus/yadayada is the Cult of the High Sun

>Not a terminology I'm familiar with, alas. What does "high" mean in this
>context?

High Gods was a label that Greg once used for Transcendent or Enlightened Divinities that could be contacted by theistic rites. The Great Gods of the HW rules would be considered High Gods although not all High Gods are Great Gods. These divinities can be worshipped but any magic gained from them is weak and their chief blessing is transcendental consciousness.

>I thought Yelmalio was the Cult of the Puny Sun...

Now you know why he's puny.