Re: Avatars

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 15:49:52 +0200

Simon Hibbs:

> It gets interesting when you consider beings like
> Teelo Estara, who before realising that she was in
> fact (and always had been) a divine being thought
> she was just an ordinary street waif. If she was
> in fact always divine, would it have been possible
> for a neutral observer to determine this before
> hand?

While that is certainly one interpretation of the myth, it does sound very much like lunar rationalization of the murder (and possible rape) of an innocent girl.

> >As per my definition an avatar is aware of that status
> >and is created/born with it. That wouldn't fit with a
> >lunar noble becoming the mortal vessel of the RE.
>
> Even if he was born many years before the last RE died,
> and was in fact one of his best buddies?

The more so, because if this best buddy was really the RE all along, not just the bodily vessel, then the RE's Great Self would have been present in two people at the same time (albeit very discreetly in the best buddy).

Nils Weinander
The world is a beautiful place and it's worth fighting for

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com