Re: my replies to your replies to my questions

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 20:56:29 +0100 (BST)

Bob Vesterman:
> (1) Nick Brooke: I never said I wasn't satisfied with the number of cults.
> I was just asking why stuff like "Uralda" was listed, but not described.

I think the writing/editing/organisation could have been clearer, in places, yes.

> However, I do
> believe that they have more right to be in the main rulebook than, say,
> Hedkoranth, Vanganth, or Bevara. Eurmal is a Lightbringer, for christ's
> sake (and not a non-worshipped one). Elmal is the big kahuna head honcho
> god of many Heortlings. Urox is... Urox is... err... well, he'll beat you
> up if you don't let him in the main rulebook. But Bevara? Huh?

Reading between the lines, Urox was pulled because of certain God Learner accounts of the cosmos implicit in the rules, and explicit in several people's agendas, with little, if any, direct bearing on what his 'keyword' would look like. No good reason at all, in other words. Eurmal and Elmal I'm not sure about; you might argue that by the 'likely Heortling party' argument, Bevera is a better choice since she's the goddess many people always seemed to want CA to be, whereas most people would beat up an Elmali, and lynch a Trickster...

> [wealth system] These questions were virtually the only
> questions that anybody deleted from my post, and *everybody* deleted them.
> What I infer from this, and I apologize if I'm incorrect, is that a lot of
> you don't actually know how it works, and are as baffled about it as I am.

Personally, I think it's mildly flakey, but largely comprehensible. As it's Gloranthanness really is about zero, though, I don't plan on answering here...

> (4) Bryan: To each his own. Personally, I have paid far more money for far
> worse Gloranthan supplements, and I will continue buying buying buying.
> Yeah yeah, I know, I'm encouraging poor editing. Great. I bought two
> copies of each book to make up for your lack of one, by the way, and am
> happy I did so, lack of index and all.

Yay! I hereby nominate you Anti-Bryan of the Week, Bob, the inaugural winner of this high honour. Now, technically, I didn't buy _two_ copies of the main rules, as well as the rest of a boxed rest, and a copy of Glorantha, to boot. Anyone want to make up for my lack of retail activity, too? ;-)

Mind you, this product-buying as largesse could go too far. I'm sure Greg would simply take a cheque, made out to cash... <g>

Cheers,
Alex.