RE: The Glorantha Digest V7 #705

From: Scott Haney <snag_at_home.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 16:54:22 -0500

>From: Dr Mark Galeotti <m.galeotti_at_his.keele.ac.uk>
>Subject: Why cats?

>As more of a dog-person myself, I've been wondering what it
>is about Orlanthi and cats. When was the last time you
>came across a cat who appreciated wind, storm and rain?

Well, I have one. Of course, he's diabetic, his bladder won't blad, he's missing a leg, and he's about as smart as a box of rocks....

>Is it just mythic coincidence that Yinkin links into the
>Orlanthi pantheon? Biological coincidence that large cats
>are a primary predator in Sartar and thus useful
>allies/vessels?

Probably all of the above. I have no problem with the coincidence of Yinkin being Orlanth's half-brother. Given Sartar's proximity to Yinkin's mum, though, I'd say there's no coincidence in the biology.

>Or primal coincidence - do I remember
>hearing that Greg is more keen on cats and dogs?

Oooooh, let's not bring Greg into this. You know how painful that can be. :)

Scott, Baron von Moosehsunchen (managed to see everything BUT the majestic moose in Yellowstone last month)