Another Little Bomb....

From: simon_hibbs_at_lycosmail.com
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 11:32:01 -0400 (EDT)

Michael Cule

>I noticed in the last chapter of GLORANTHA: Introduction to the Hero
>Wars another little additional detail that I don't recall seeing before:
>the section on the future of Dragon Pass mentions a load of Kralori
>showing up wanting to build a temple. Now presumably this has something
>to do with the invocation of the Dragon under the Temple of the Reaching
>Moon but I'm fairly sure that this is new...

Indubitably. It's newness varies from person to person depending on whether or not they were at Tentacles last year. The Kralori are well stuck into the temple swallowing dragon plot. This was re-iterated again this year, but details won't be forthcoming untill it's all made plain in the campaign books.

Other cool things to look out for in the future :

There's a Glorantha spanning Chaotic plot which is swapping chaotic nasties from different places in Glorantha around. The idea is that (for example) Praxian Storm bulls are optimised for destroying Praxian manifestations of Chaos, like Broos and Scorpion men. So Broos in Prax get swapped with some unnamed horrors in Pamaltela, where nobody has ever heard of Broos before and they don't know how to fight them. Nick has specultaed that the Red Emperor disapears because they mistake him for a Chaotic Horror and inflict him on some unsuspecting bunch of foreigners, much to his bemusement.

Lots of major events that appear isolated are actualy connected, sometimes in more ways than one. Also many Bad Things, such as the Kingdom of War, have more than one cause.

One Good Thing is that Greg has realised the error of his ways and appreciates the need for a Praxian player's book. It's not exactly top priority as he has other projects in the pipeline which he sensibly wants to get finished, but he does want it produced sooner rather than later.

Simon Hibbs