Chaos & Dragons

From: Frederic Ferro <ferro_at_princeton.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 23:12:08 +0200

on 6/14/00 4:24 AM, Xavier Spinat <galelis_at_wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> (did I mention the <Herowars_VF_at_egroups.fr> ML?)

How can I subscribe?
I liked your Hero Wars adventure in Casus Belli by the way.

> 3) Dragons and Chaos.
> Can one be affected by the other?
> What's the power of dragons on Chaos? Can dragons, and dragonewts, be
> perverted by Chaos?

Dragonewts who left the Left-handed way and Dinosaurs can easily be corrupted. A True Dragon was able to stop Gbaji's Curse (that's what the EWF claimed anyway) but there are rumours of Spawns of Orxili (the Monster of the Void), Hydras and the Dragon who sleeps beneath Dorastor (Xthoulou?). One could make the Dragons even more alien and unfathomable if they don't fear Chaos.

> 4) "Outer space"
> I seem to remember that Glorantha is like a bubble (or rather an egg) inside
> an ocean of primal chaos... so somehow Chaos is the substance that lays "out
> of the world", no?

Outer Void per se is not Chaos, Chaos was the disorderly intrusion of this Vacuum within Arachne's Web. The effect is Absolute "Evil" (e.g. the Devil) and Excessive "Purity" (maybe Illumination?). The first tries to invade Nature, the latter tries to leave the constraints of Nature. Both are as destructive for the world-as-we-know-it.

But I didn't read the Mysticism rules, therefore this must be out-of-date...

ff

http://www.geocities.com/anacharsis_2