Re: The Glorantha Digest V7 #711

From: Tom Merchant <eachequal_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 01:52:11 -0700 (PDT)

14 lbs equals one stone. Over here they in the same family of measurement as pounds, inches and feet (called in Britain imperial but I don't suppose it's called that in the U.S). So that's why in cop shows they say the suspect was 200 pounds and not 14 and-a-bit stones. Ah!. Do Australians have stones?

Of course we do ain't you never heard of Ayers Rock?

Seriously though technically no, we are all modern & use the metric system, but I still think of myself as 6 foot tall and weighing 15 stone. Maybe it's that pommie Heritage. I honestly have no idea how tall I am in centimeters, but do have a rough idea of weight.

Cheers
Adam