Re: Demons & Daimones

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 17:39:12 EDT

Alexandre:

<< > A daimone (also
> spelt 'daemon', I'm not sure which is deemed officially correct)
> is a theist
> entity similar to a spirit; a small demigod if you will.

    Such as the souls of the faithful who join with their god?>>

      The only ones I've dealt with have been of the specific-class-of-creatures type (e.g. Umbroli, Certami, Jukhars), but I suppose a soul of the deceased faithful would count, too.

<< Say, in Viking mythology elves would be daemons and the einherjar spirits?>>

      If elves come from the God World and einherjar from the Spirit World, yes (did the vikings actually draw that distinction, though?). If it comes from the Sorcery World incidentally, its an Essence. Which IMO seems a fairly odd name for the likes of a monoceros (kick-ass unicorn) or other eminently physical creature that just happens to be connected with Malkioni mythology, but there you are.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

    Trotsky