Re: Gagarth

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 17:39:13 EDT

Mark Galeotti:

<< > Is Gagarth the Wild Hunter (Theist) the same as the Prax
> Wild Hunter spirit (Nomad Gods ) ? If that is the case we
> have the same kind of Theist / Animist split as for Storm
> Bull and possibly Eirithia ?

 Yes - and I think we are going to get this a lot. I wonder if the answer is that certain otherworldly entities have a presence in more than one world, so that Gagarth the God
 casts a 'shadow' which is Gagarth the Spirit. I certainly don't think it is viable simply to state that G is one or the other and that therefore either the Praxians or Orlanthi have got it 'wrong'.>>

      In this instance, a possible solution is to state that Gagarth is an animist member of a theist pantheon, just like Kolat is. This does, however, contradict the RQ3 writeup in Tales...

     But we already know that underworld deities can be both theist and animist, and so can Storm Bull, and so (apparently) can the water deities, so Gagarth could be, as you say, yet another instance.

Forward the glorious Red Army!
Trotsky