Re: Measure

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 17:40:39 EDT

Alex
<< ObGlorantha: I'd guess the Lunars, and when I say Lunars, of course  I mean really, the Dara Happans, have anally (if not necessarily  well) organised system of measurements. 111 thingies make a whatsit,  4 whatsits make a grand ho-ha, etc, etc. >>

Of course, 4 days in a week, 7 days in a week, but a different week, 4 seasons in a year, except the 5 seasons, and the sacred time, Ten, which is of course, perfect number, as well as seven, which is pretty darn 'ten'like these days. Those Buserians have six different abaci just to keep track of the day of the week.

Heortlings have their own problems; 'no one can make me measure anything' , and 'there is always another measurement'

Keith N

Keith N