Future of the Red Moon

From: Frederic Ferro <ferro_at_princeton.edu>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 11:19:09 +0200

Danbuter_at_aol.com asked:
> 1. Apparently, the Red Moon is going to be destroyed? I think I saw this on
> the list. I really don't like this, as I happen to like the Lunars.

If you don't like it, just disregard it. Consider Argrath's Saga and similar texts as a hoax. A Sartarite incoherent shaman wrote those books as a "Prophecy" to cheer up his doomed Rebellion against the Good Empire. Your Glorantha will be Unofficial and Not-GAG but it's not necessarily a bad thing. Fixed futures are good for tragedies and time travel fictions but not for most styles of RPG campaigns (but as usual, YMMV).

> 2. What is the general outline of what will happen during the Hero Wars?

<SPOILERS?>

According to King of Sartar, p12 and p155ff: 1625 The Brown Dragon of Sartar swallows the Reaching Moon Temple 1627 Argrath becomes Prince of Sartar
1629 Argrath marries the Feathered Horse Queen and becomes King of Dragon Pass.
1643? Argrath marries the Queen of Holay and becomes High King of Saird. 1673 Argrath starts Lightbringers'Quest and brings back Sheng Seleris 1725 Argrath calls Dragons and the Red Moon falls.

In the Official Future, someone named the Harshax seems to be the new theocrat or god. The Moon becomes white. All the Gods, Chaos, monsters and Elder Races vanish and are forgotten. Glorantha becomes a world surprisingly similar to our own.

ff