Re: 4th age

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 21:59:09 +0100 (BST)

Mikko Rintasaari asserts that:
> The whole Argrath/Arkat kills all the gods and Glorantha becomes earth is
> propably the lamest thing Greg has ever written...

You might think that. I couldn't possibly comment... ;-) But just for a laugh, let me play Wakboth's Advocate...

> First of all it makes _no_ sense whatsoever that Argrath could drag _all_
> the world's god's and demons into the same Quest, and even if he did
> manage "kill" them with his RQ-3 sword fumble:

But think of all those other 'universal' events for which there are lots of contradictory (and/or complementary) accounts of: the Dawn, the Sunstop, yadda-yadda.

> What about Pamaltela?

Very little info on P. HWs, extremely hard to guess this one.

> What about Kralorelan mystics who don't believe in
> Arachne Solara, and were even untouched by the darkness.

"The Gods were an error in cosmic perception all along."

Cheers,
Alex.