Regarding drafts of stories

From: Andreas Gustafsson <koraq_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 04:16:48 -0700 (PDT)

David Dunham wrote:

> > All those drafts! How many drafts are there that Greg has produced? Harmast
> > Saga, Belintar's Book and Arkat Saga etc. Will they ever be printed so that
> > they will be more than sources for initiated mumblings?
>
> Sorry, didn't mean to be flaunting superior (if half-remembered)
> knowledge. Don't forget that these are drafts -- if Greg was
> completely happy with them, they'd be printed. Anyway, my point was
> mostly to bring up another possibility, without giving great credit
> to myself for having thought of it.

Ah, don't worry. No offense taken. I endure more than people on this list usually do...

I'd love to see them printed! To bad Greg hasn't the time to revise them all while struggling to deliver HW to us. I guess I can't have everything...

I read Rastaluf Saga in, was is Enclosure 2?, and I enjoyed it. It, like the Biturian Varosh story, helped me visualize Glorantha.

> > Where have people seen all those drafts? Are Greg handing them out at
> > conventions? Is this the punishment I get for not having money enough for
> > Tentacles... ;)
>
> How I saw Belintar's Book is a long story. As for Harmast's Saga,
> it's available to GTA members of sufficient devotion. (Still a
> financial problem, I realize.)

It is? Well, since I have actually gotten a job I might be able to join the GTA.
> From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>

me:
> >All those drafts! How many drafts are there that Greg has produced? Harmast
> >Saga, Belintar's Book and Arkat Saga etc. Will they ever be printed so that
> >they will be more than sources for initiated mumblings?
>
> They have been in parts:
>
> Some of Harmast's Saga appeared in HW as "Mordren defends the
> camp" and has previously appeared on the glorantha website.

Got that one with KoDP, liked it.

> A part of Arkat's Saga appears in Drastic Darkness as the "I
> Hate Trolls" article.

Blast that one again! Anyone willing to sell me a copy of Drastic Darkness?

> Belintar's Book is a collection of myths. Most of them have
> appeared in the Entekosiad or on the glorantha site. The
> bit where Belintar reveals that Lord of the Harshax is only
> appears on one page and has already been printed in the
> Glorantha Book.

OK, Entekosiad is one Gloranthan text I don't own. Maybe I'll feel rich someday...

/Andreas

SF-fan and tea drinker. Beware! e-mail: ante_at_update.uu.se =========== Make a choice, protect your Freedom! ==============

Do You Yahoo!?
Get Yahoo! Mail - Free email you can access from anywhere! http://mail.yahoo.com/