Re: HW Mystic question

From: Jonas Schiött <jonas.schiott_at_hem.utfors.se>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 18:14:23 +0200

Danbuter:
>I was interested in running a mystic character, but I've hit a snag in the
>rules. It says you start with the various disciplines allowed, and can
>eventually learn some powers. But then it goes on to say that a character
>will not be allowed to leave his mystical compound until he has gained at
>least one power. Was this just a mistake on Issaries' part?

No, it means you get to do all of your adventuring within the walls of your dojo until your master deems you ready. :-)

Seriously, I think the later restriction is a rule with exceptions: your player hero could be an unusual student, for some reason or other allowed or perhaps even required to have contact with the outside world.

In terms of magical power, though, your hero will be utter crap compared to the theists and animists he encounters... The only way I can see you compensating this without rewriting the rules is to give him some powerful magical items. Of course, these will hinder his spiritual development. Catch 22.

Jonas Schiött
Göteborg

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #729