Draconism

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 22:19:37 +1200

Olli-Pekka Kantola:

>Was it Peter Metcalfe that said that dragons aren't a part of the mystical
>world. Well then what are they part of?

Their own draconic viewpoint, created from the sum of all the fears of the sorcerer, wizard and priest according to the Vithelans. It frightened (or perhaps fought) its creators before going up against Vith and eventually becoming enlightened.

>Or is this whole 4 world views
>thing just a Godlearner construct that didn't actually exist before them?

It is a God Learner construct but it does exist insofar as the notion of an Indo-European language does IMO. Of course we know that the God Learners didn't understand Draconism as they've about the EWF in the first Genertela Book (p22) that "They are of different mind, another set of rules" and that the God Learners who went to Kralorela apostatized shortly afterwards.

>If it doesn't aply to dragons, then it certainly doesn't aply to many
>other cultures/races that the GL didn't lay their hands on. Or are there
>more worlds than the 4 no 5 (inner ofcourse) that I know of?

Greg said at one point (Victoria-Con) six viewpoints but I don't know whether the list includes the extinct viewpoint of the Gloranthan Court or not.