Re: Kittens

From: Henrix <henrix_at_pp.sbbs.se>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2000 02:39:26 +0200

> From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
> I think you're right about modern Orlanthi, but those bastards in the EWF
> would do anything for a laugh.

No, no, the horror! Visions of hairless alynxes, or with a fold on their ears, or curly fur, or with differing number of toes, or without sense of pain. No! We have to stop them. Now!
Oh, they are already dead, huh? Eaten by dragons? Serves them right!

> From: "Adam Benedict Canning" <dahak_at_dahak.free-online.co.uk>
> Ketil Ericsbane "I have bred large cats..."

The b*st*rd! I didn't even know he was an EWF sympatizer!

But, seriously, blaming it on the EWF is a bit of a cop-out.

I could see Orlanthi wanting to have bigger shadow cats, but that is a long way off having separete breeds. Farmers try to breed large oxen, fast horses are valuable, etc. But they do seldom become separete breeds within the same area.

But Glorantha is a magical world. Perchance Yinkin does play dice: "A let's see, the first kitten in that litter, a one, he'll weigh three kilos when he's grown. And there's the second, and it's a five rolled, a sturdy bit at 33 kg!"
Seems a bit silly, though.