Chalana Arroy

From: Ian Thomson <arkat_at_primus.com.au>
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2000 10:18:35 +1000

>From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_mail.utexas.edu>
>Subject: Chalana Arroy
>
> Maybe this question has been raised before, but I've been thinking
>a bit about Chalana Arroy. She's the holder of the Harmony rune, correct?
>So why is she only a goddess of healing? It seems Harmony means quite a bit
>more than that. Chalana Arroy ought to be concerned with maintaining
>harmony on many levels:

Perhaps its as simple as any holder of the Rune chooses their own angle to approach it.
Pavis has harmony, but only limited healing powers, he's more connected to keeping the peace around the city (so most people perceive anyhow)

>harmony of the body (healing, fighting disease),
of course

>harmony of the mind (therapy (or what passes for it in a magical bronze age
>society) and combatting excessive passions),
yes, this could surely be written in without disrupting common perceptions

>harmony of society (friction
>within and between families, clans, etc.).
possibly a minor trait, after all internal social harmony means less broken noses to fix, however moves away from her primary association with the Rune

>A role as diplomats doesn't seem
>entirely out of line, especially given that her followers are protected to
>a degree by their pacifism.

I'd say another minor role in that the CAs would certainly fit the bill as neutral parties due to their pacifist deities. This moves towards the old conceptions I had of Deezolans, for the same reason

Glorantha Site:
http://home.primus.com.au/arkat/runeq.html