Re: Diplomacy

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2000 16:48:11 EDT

In a message dated 7/2/00 7:28:51PM, you write:

<< I'm
 thinking that the Chalanans would be diplomats and the Issarians envoys. >>

Diplomacy is not really about Harmony. You may well send your Healer to a clan if you want to promote peace and harmony. You might send your Goldentongue if you want to strike a deal. Sending your Sacred Uroxi is a threat and a warning. Chalana is not a goddess of diplomacy, although she can be part of that process. (I think the euphemisms of 'peace talks', 'the peace process' etc have clouded modern minds to what is actually being done).

Keith N

From Dune Messiah:-
"Stilgar scowled, said:"Often, I must speak otherwise than I think. That is called diplomacy"".