Worlds

From: Herve.Ancelin_at_skf.com
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 18:33:48 +0100

Peter Metcalfe
>Greg said at one point (Victoria-Con) six viewpoints but I
>don't know whether the list includes the extinct viewpoint
>of the Gloranthan Court or not.

Highly speculative:
There is 7 LB, 7 Mothers, 7 Winds, IIRC Cosmic Dragon cut something in 6 members and one body = 7 parts. Always 6 + 1.

At Tentacle, IIRC, Greg said Argrath bring down the Moon by bringing 6 of the 7 dragons together so that the seventh (the Moon Dragon) had to come.
If I understood, the 7 together reformed the cosmic dragon and that is what destroy & recreate the world.

Advanced GL theory:

there is 7 viewpoints,

4 of them are worlds (analogy to the winds) that heroquesting mortal can visit.

Another is Draconic/Dragonewt

Number 6 is ... well, Anybody got an idea ? Dreamworld ?

Number 7 is the extinct one Pete mention.

If there is an understanding of six viewpoints in the same person/group this bring the seventh (analogy to Gina Jar and She Who Waits).
Using the seven powers/viewpoints is automatically in world shaping because .

I don't think Chaos is one of the seven. Chaos is in the cracks of space and time. It can be anywhere and you find it where you look for it. ie you look for Chaos God on God World, for Chaotic Great Spirits on Spirit World etc.

;-) Hervé

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #741