Runes

From: David Cake <dave_at_difference.com.au>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2000 11:44:39 +0800

Simon Hibbs wrote:
>As far as I know, the runes we saw in RQ2 and RQ3 were the God Learner
>standard set. We know that the GLs came across a huge variety of
>magical symbols used by different cultures in Glorantha, but they
>noticed many fundamental similarities in these symbol sets. The
>God Learner runes were simplified versions of these runes, embodying
>the common traits found in the different cultural runic scripts.

        The HW set are the Jrustela God Learner standard ones - it states so fairly clearly (HW pg160), and it implies that some of the runes from that set where used fairly uniquely by the God Learners (specifically, the different World runes, which are practically unknown outside the Gls, because everyone else generally deal with just one world).

        The old RQ2 set is, I think, now the 'Dragon Pass' set (HW pg 162, second paragraph of 'other runic systems').

	Cheers
		David