Re: HW Sales

From: Kevin Rose <vladt_at_interaccess.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 23:02:47 -0500 (CDT)

Nick Brooke wrote:

> At Tentacles, Greg said that sales of the Deluxe Box were FAR faster
> than he had pessimistically anticipated in his business plan (Issaries
> shifted more in the first month than he'd expected to in the first
> quarter), and a second print-run (of another couple of thousand boxed
> sets) is now intended. With any luck, some of the more irritating typos
> can be addressed in this "revised printing".

He should also consult someone who knows how to edit games. Nothing like making new players wade through 73 pages of very dense game jargon in chapter 3 before you define most of it in chapter 4. You have to be pretty damn dedicated to make it to the part that tells you how the game works. It is fairly astonishing how horrible the structure of the actual rules are compared to the two early versions I saw.

The first printing got the people who would buy anything on Glorantha. The next one needs to sell to people who want a cool game to play.

Kevin Rose