Re: Chaotic Magic (745)

From: Herve.Ancelin_at_skf.com
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 16:21:15 +0100

>Thomas McVey
>Well, what ever the "sixth direction" is, it has to be "opposite" to the
>Draconic PoV. My bet's on Chaos.

I disagree, that would mean that Chaos is part of the world. This is not true as it was introduced but the Unholy Trio. Moreover there is no True Chaos in the mundane and magical worlds. There are only, corrupted beings, from snails to gods. I think there is a Chaos magic (Chaotic features, Curses of Thed...) but that it is not part of the 6 & 1 "transcendant" system.

>You could even extend this to the Seven Mums (with some stretching):
>Jalkaleel - Animist
>Irrippi Ontor - Sorcerous
>Yanafil Tarnils - Theist
>Deezola - Mystic?
>Danfive Xaron - Chaotic (the Criminal Destroyer)
>One Who Waits - Draconic?
>Teelo Noori - Celestial Court (the untainted Innocent, destroyed by chaos)

>Bit harder to stretch to the 7 Lightbringers, but hey, that was the old days,
>things were different back then.

Well thought ! you point out the heart of Lunar (spit) perversion. They replaced Eurmal/Disorder of LB by Chaos. It is harder to find a correlation to the LB because it is a 100% theistic interpretation of something transcendant. Let's agree on the 6 ways before going further.

Hervé