Re: Giant magic

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 16:33:38 EDT

Alex:

<< > it [draconic magic] can be used to zap people at a distance, alter
your own size, and do all the other sorts of obviously magical things that you can do with theist magic
  etc.

 Well, altering your size if a prime example of my point, if it's being used by someone(thing) of less than dragon sized... Zapping I dunno about -- could you be a tad more specific? >>

     Belching fire is the obvious example. A li lung's* ability to create earthquakes would be another. Whereas giants just pick rocks up and throw them; this is IMO, not 'magical' in the sense that breathing flame is.

<< > Certainly, AR has no rules, or mention of, giant magic, but it does describe draconic magic as a distinct style

 You mean as in a 'newt's Dragon Magic, or the magic of an actual dragon of some sort? >>

     Both, although AR is intentionally vague about specifically what the true dragon can do with it.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky