Re: Orlanthi Justice

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 01:29:38 +0100 (BST)

David Dunham asserts, amid discussion of clans and bloodlines:
> To further muddle things, there are also households. When we played,
> households were granted certain fields and grazing rights. (A
> household is not necessarily the same as a bloodline.) And I have
> vague recollection of legal cases where one household accused another
> of trampling on its rights.

A household being? The only concrete case I can think of which describes such a thing is the Hall/Brooke/et al campaign, which IIRC has them as (a sort of) bloodline. While I certainly think bloodline organisation/terminology/definition (etc, etc) varies significantly, it's not clear to me that one would have a distinct role for a clan, a bloodline, a household _and_ a stead, at different 'vertical levels'.

Or are you using household identically with (the people of a) stead?

Cheers,
Alex.