Malkioni mythology

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 18:24:00 PDT

Joerg Baumgartner

> >The Malkioni have been on the Western
> >Coast of Genertela since the beginning of their recorded
> >mythology and there were differences even then.

>True. It was Froalar who took his followers of Brithos some time during the
>Ice Age and founded one of the city-states which became the Kingdom of
>Seshnela. He happened to settle a region of the western coast of Genertela
>which was free of (recognisable) Logician descendants, but riddled with
>Pendali lion-worshippers.

Considering the Logicians reached as far as Pelanda in the flood and are still around today, I don't think it plausible that Old Seshnela had no recognizable Malkioni. I prefer to think of Froalar as being invited to rule a pre-existing city-state and he took his household along with him. Reasons for a vacancy shouldn't be hard to come by.

> >Most of the population of Loskalm, erstwhile
> >Seshnela and perhaps Slontos can claim to have lived there
> >since the Golden Age (whereas Zzabur's betrayal of Malkion
> >was a Darkness event).

>I'd include Ralios as well. The Estali earth cult (and society) and the
>Dawn Age Seshnegi "cult" of Likita are too similar (and too different from
>anything Heortling/Vingkotling or Pelorian).

That's not really evidence of a Malkioni civilization since they don't have earth goddesses. But the people who lived there (the Galanini) have been there since the Golden Age (or before) and have been in contact with the Malkioni.

>Jrustela had been part of the ancient lands of Logic, but seems to have
>been depopulated as a result of the Brithini
>-Vadeli wars.

I think the people who lived there (the Tadeniti, I think, and famous for writing), were enslaved by the Mostali and marched over to Slon.

>The early peoples myths have the natives of Ralios and Fronela as
>Logician-descended peoples. Later these peoples get lost, and when the
>lands were contacted once again, there were lots of civilized hsunchen
>peoples there, no longer recognisable as Logicians despite them being
>Wareran
>humans.

Which myth is this? My understanding is that the Kachasti speakers inhabited the coastline of Genertela as part of the Speaking Tour. I don't know anything about them being lost and being rediscovered as hsunchen.

It is more probable IMO that various malkioni served local potentates among the Ralian Galaninae just as the Logicians served the Blue King rather than a wholescale colonization of Upland Fronela or Ralios. Thus at the Dawn, there would have been local malkioni here and there of different shapes and sizes.