Re: Scripts; Bloodlines

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 10:42:19 -0700

Henrix

>I would think that the only alphabetical script in Glorantha is the youngest
>written language, New Pelorian.

Glorious ReAscent of Yelm shows a couple of Dara Happan scripts. (And amazingly enough, Greg at one time even designed a cursive form of one of the scripts, though I don't think it's ever seen print.)

Alex Ferguson

>I have a legal judgement made
>against me. (Let's finesse for now the issue of whether formally
>it's against me personally, my bloodline, or my clan -- I'm
>getting the blame for it, practically speaking.) If I'm
>destitute, stubborn, deceased, or otherwise unwilling or unable to
>stump up myself, who precisely has to pay on my behalf?

Well, at least you weren't outlawed...

Ignoring the possibility that the judgement may be tribal (in which case your clan may be ultimately liable), the answer would be your bloodline, i.e. family.

In East Ralios this is defined essentially as a derbhfine; in Heortling society I'm less clear (but I think that's partly because it's less precise). Probably the head of your bloodline (presumably the oldest surviving male) is ultimately responsible. He'd allocate payment among the members of the bloodline (or pay out of bloodline property).

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_pensee.com> Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein