Malkioni and sorcery

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 19:36:09 +1200

Xavier Spinat:

>Let's say I'm a "normal" liturgist. I lead the prayer every Godday and my
>flock thrives under the blessings of ths saints. Do I feel like I'm
>practicing sorcery?

>I guess not. I don't think this involves any kind of study, rational
>investigation,... It's just some intuitive use of the laws of nature, I
>would say. Some "innate" understanding of the sorcerous path.

It's by following the instructions in the (Abiding) book that the Liturgist works the magic that he does. Whether this is an exercise of rational thinking (and thus describable as sorcery) or a leap of faith is a hairy philosophical argument best avoided.

I did once write in an early draft that the standard Malkioni worship ceremony is basically the summoning of an epiphany that convinces people that God exists. I dunno how true this is tho.