Glorantha Intro maps

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 23:19:34 +1200

T. Kurt Bond:

Responded to my request for a list of missing place names. Since he already has the Glorantha boxed set, I make some brief comments on some omissions. The rest, I'll probably put in a FAQ to show where the missing place names such as Basim, Guhan and Tarasdal etc. should be.

>(The Dangrim Marsh on the maps on pp. 43 and 59 (at
>least it's consistent) was the Sodal Marsh on the Ralios maps in
>_Glorantha: Genertela, Crucible of the Hero Wars_, pp. 72 and 73.)

I have a horrible feeling that Greg (or someone) has misinterpreted the Dangrim _March_ (which is to the south of the Sodal Marsh) for the Marsh itself.

>I can't find Uron on the map on p. 59, but I can't find it in the text
>offhand either.

Uton was never mentioned in the text. I would have only mentioned it if I had some idea about the Right and Left Hands of the Invisible God. Since I didn't, it wasn't.

>I can't find Marost, mentioned on p. 56, on the map on p. 59. (It
>doesn't help that the Doskior River, mentioned in connection with
>Marost, isn't labeled on the map at all.)

But Naskorion, which the text states that Marost is the capital of, is so labelled. I do realize that having to suss out the location of a place from secondary references is far from ideal.

>Why is Halikiv, a subregion of the East Wilds, labeled in the same
>size and font as the East Wilds?

I suppose it was because Halikiv was a troll land and not part of the Orlanthi Eastern Wilds.