Pavisians

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 02:16:35 +0200

Peter Metcalfe :

> I don't believe that any trade or communication diety was in
> the Genertan Pantheon.

Why not ?

I don't really see that 'Issaries' could have fitted in so well if your objection is right. Also, I'm not sure that you're making sense core-rune-wise : the first of the Five Movements (HW p.162) should surely be known by Genert ?!

> >> Pavis (muscled his way in retrospectively)
>
> >> By the time Pavis was around, Genert's Pantheon was long gone.
>
> >But we are discussing the 'Pavis Pantheon' as a recreation of the Genert
> >one by Pavis the experimental heroquester, within the Enclosure of Old
> >Pavis and in Pavis County.
>
> He asked about the Genert Pantheon.

Yep.

> I prefer not to have
> retrospective additions to an extinct pantheon and would
> put Pavis instead in his own "neo-Genertan" pantheon.

Yep.

> >>The Seolinthur.
>
> >Are you sure about this ?
>
> It's labelled as running through Genert's Garden in Uz
> Lore and Seolinthur is named as one of the gods that
> died alongside Genert in Cults of Terror.

Thank you.

> I still think the tales of the richness of Genert's Garden
> are true, negating the need for a hunter deity.

True or not, the Pavis pantheon needs one ; and if a son of Genert became a hunter, after certain distressing family events, I'd be voting in his favour for inclusion in PavisPak ...

> You would have to convince me that Genert's Garden sustained
> an agricultural society.

It's a toughie : another son of Genert, inspired by the same distressing family event possibly ?

cheers,

Julian Lord