source of sorcery

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 09:56:31 +0300

Am I alone in being irritated by the "revelation" of the sorcery plane?

In the old paradigm the sorcerers were the only people to really rely on their own Will to shape the universe. No help from spirits or channeled energy from gods. Now we get told that the sorcerers too are just channeling energy from the sorcery plane. *blah*

As far as I can tell this was done because the Hero Wars needs an endless source of power, since there's no mechanism for fatigue. Because the sorcerer isn't getting tired it's obviously not him powering the spells.

I don't like it. I'm going to fit the sorcery plane into my game somehow, but not for all of the sorcery. Sorcery spells aren't going to be just something channeled from a node. They are cast by the skill and the Will of the casting sorcerer/wizard, not just channeled in by brandishing a talisman.

Also the talisman business is rather lame.

        -Adept : who needed to get this off his chest

I think I think... Therefore I think I am.