Some silly stuff, but (mostly) mercifully short

From: chris ward <chrisward_at_ed.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 10:03:32 +0100

Hi Folks,

Warning tenous and irrelevant "theory" impending....

"Argrath" is commonly spelled and pronounced in the Sartarite manner with a
vocalised "th". But this is a "sartarisation" of the original Stormtongue phrase "A'grath" pronounced "Agraw" ie almost rhymes with "straw". This translates from Stormtongue as "my love" or "my Joy" hence = "beloved" and is clearly a title or at least a very unusual given name.

[All of this is 100% true if you substitute "Gaelic" for "Stormtongue"]

A short song.

"In Boldholme": Tune: Loch Lomond (or "Take the High Road" to fans of
quality Scottish soap operas)

"You ride with Argrath and I'll ride with Kallyr,
And I'll be in Boldholme before ye,
For Our Queen Kallyr it is said, will light again, the Flame of Sartar in Boldholme"

A longer song
"Prince Argrath" : Tune "Mrs McGrath" <remember rhymes with "straw">

"Oh Prince Agrath, Moonson said,

Would you like to worship our Moon so Red, With a Scarlet Glow and a Crimson Bat,
Now Prince Argrath, wouldn't you like that

Wid mi too ra aye, fol diddle aye, too ra too ra too ra aye Wi' mi too ra aye, fol diddle aye, too ra too ra too ra aye

Now prince Argrath, he picked up sticks, Until the age of twenty-six,
When Orlanth he blows up to say,
'Ah come on son, we'll drive them Lunars away'

Wid mi.....

Now when Prince Argrath met Harrek the Bear, I'd sworn to follow him anywhere,
So for seven* long years we sailed anyhow, - - Not a woman in sight: pukin' up o'er the bow

Wid me...

Well when at last we came to land,
And I got off I could hardly stand,
Oh Praise Orlanth ! no more bobbin' and swayin' Now where's them Lunars - it's time for some slayin'

Wid Me....

For many's the years we fought through Dragon Pass, And then we won - Sweet Peace at Last!
Now I sit at home, bored near dead
Oh to hell with this! - I'll rob the Grey Dogs Stead

Wid Mi....

Now the Hero Wars I do declare,
Between the Goddess of the Moon and the Gods of the Air, They're fine in themselves, but will never beat, The robbin' of your neighbour and stealin' of his sheep.

Wid mi too ra aye, fol diddle aye, too ra too ra too ra aye Wi' mi too ra aye, fol diddle aye, too ra too ra too ra aye"

See you - Chris.