Re: Sorcery

From: Frank Rafaelsen <rafael_at_nvg.ntnu.no>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 12:51:34 +0200 (CEST)

> > Mikko Rintasaari :

> > Where does it say that Sorcerers worship saints or ancient sorcerers?
>
> In _effect_ they do. They need them for their magic, just like the theist
> needs her god. (a functional, not a psychological analogue).

Perhaps it is more like the way modern day scientists need Newton, Copernicus and Einstein?

I just want to say that I love the new take on sorcery. After having been playing a long campaign in Loskalm I realised that the sorcery rules in RQ did a lousy job of portraying the magic practiced in the gloranthan west. Sandy's sorcery was a huge improvement, but it still favored the fantasy sorcerer image. Whats nice about HW is that it covers religious wizardry and sorcery equally.

Finally I'm able to grasp how the church is organized.

Ha en god dag!
Frank Rafaelsen