Sorcery

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 21:02:52 GMT

Kevin Rose

Me>> But you weren't using the Free INT rules, were you? As I said >>before the need for spell matrices and MP storage devices for RQ3 >>sorcery could have been _intentional_.

>However a sorcerer didn't require them to cast every spell.

Since the magic that he could cast without matrices was pathetic, this doesn't make much difference. FWIW Wizards and Liturgists have access to liturgical magic that doesn't need talismans and all believing Malkioni can always pray for a miracle. But sorcerers are stuffed here as they don't use liturgical magic and are not believers.

>With about 10 points of POW in devices you have maybe 10 points of int and
>maybe 42 MPs free. As 10 points is what a priest needs, that works pretty
>well. At this point a sorcerer in close >combat is not going to be casting
>many spells, but life is hard.

It's easier in the HW rules with no magic points.