Re: Sorcery

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 15:18:59 +0200

Mikko:

> This is one of the problems I have with the new explanation. The laws
> invoked by the sorcerers aren't a part of the physical world, but have to
> invoke a plane of sorcery. Isn't the inner world of Glorantha composed of
> the elements? Aren't the runic forces and natural principles at work on
> every level of mortal existance?

Don't the sorcerers differentiate primarily between matter and energy? The physical world is mostly matter, the sorcery plane is pure energy. Sorcerous magic is energy, so it makes more sense to use the abundant energy of the sorcery plane than trying to refine the energy which is intermingled with the matter of the physical world. Doing the latter is still possible, but the consequences are not palatable (tapping).

Nils Weinander
The world is a beautiful place and it's worth fighting for

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com