Kyger Litor

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2000 20:58:10 GMT

Mark Galeotti:

>With the animist/theist divide in HW, I pondered which trolls were.

AFAIK they can use any tradition to worship her (I haven't seen Anaxial's Roster yet). Most Uz would worship her in an animist manner (as in stated in Troll Gods) while a minority are theists (the "civilized" regions of Dagori Inkarth, Shadowlands, Blue Moon Plateau and Halikiv). There's also sorcerous Uz but they exist mainly in Guhan.

Individual uzko (I make no judgements about what the Uzuz cannot do) shouldn't be able to combine magical insights (such as animism and theism) as you suggest. They should only have affinities _or_ spirits. One could look at the Storm Bull writeup at www.glorantha.com (defiant cults) to get ideas on what would happen if animistic and theistic trolls met.

>I then heard from Ian Thomson that James Frusetta is currently >thinking of
>making KL an 'over-deity' that is not worshipped >specifically - instead,
>every uz effectively worships her, while >joining cults of lesser troll
>deities.

i.e. a Great Goddess as per HW terminology. Her lesser aspects would then be the eight ancestors (such as Karrg and Korasting).